lunedì 27 giugno 2011

Antico Ospedale Maggiore, Cà Granda

Formerly known simply by Milan under the name of Ca 'Granda, was commissioned by Francesco Sforza, who in 1456 decided to bring together in a single institution's many hospitals present in Milano area.

The building is an architectural transition with Gothic and Renaissance styles.
Inside is a courtyard with stately columns and porch on a grand lodge.

It was used as a hospital until 1942 when it was completely destroyed by aerial bombing.
Rebuilt, it is now used as a univerisity, "Università degli studi".



Adress: Via festa del Perdono, 5
MM Nearest Station: MM3 Missori






Visualizzazione ingrandita della mappa

7 commenti: